City of Middletown, CT
As part of the Co-collection SAYT program, all regular household trash should be bagged only in the official City-issued Orange trash bags before being placed out in your trash cart for collection.
Orange bags come in a variety of sizes and can be purchased at local retailers.
Bags are currently available at:
Price Chopper, 855 Washington Street Middletown behind the Customer Service Desk
ReBoot Eco, 131 River Road, Middletown
Check this site frequently, more locations to be added!
Place your Orange trash bags and Green Food scraps bag in your trash cart and place curbside the night before your collection day.
Do not place the following items in the Orange city-approved bags:
- Recyclable plastic, glass, or metal (place in recycling bin)
- Food scraps (use green bags)
- Yard waste (wait for seasonal brush pick up or bring to Recycling Center)
- Dirt, sod, concrete, or rock
- Construction/demolition debris- this should be brought to the Recycling Center
- Household hazardous waste
- Hot ashes or flammable materials such as oil, gas, or paint
For more information on bulky and oversized waste, please see the City of Middletown’s Bulk Waste Collection and Disposal guidelines
Certain items such as hazardous waste, medications, chemicals, construction materials, electronics, etc. cannot be disposed of in the regular trash or through curbside recycling. To learn more, visit the City of Middletown Recycling page
For more information, please contact the City of Middletown Department of Public Works
Middletown Public Works is open Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm